It’s that time of year where we start to think of our new year’s resolutions- we all know the top 3; lose weight, spend less and stop the bad habits, but you are a business owner so making resolutions for your small business is sure to be more beneficial? Here at Sovereign Business Transfer we have put together a few ideas of what yours could be:
- Networking this is a great way of promoting your business. Word of mouth has been and will always be the best form of advertising. Sign up to events in your local area, join in things in the community and put your company name out there! At networking events you will also meet other entrepreneurs who may be able help assist certain aspects of your business or share ideas for growth.
- Go Paperless or aim to use 50% less. This is the easiest resolution for your business to stick to. Requesting to have all your bills in email form is a quick win towards achieving this. This will create room in your office area and also can help towards reducing costs. It has been reported that for every 30 copies that we print 39% of them are disposed of.
- Keep Learning It’s extremely important for business owners to keep up to date with new procedures, legislation and know how the business world is changing. Opportunities to learn new skills are all around us so whether you choose do a short online course, attend seminars or even achieve a qualification at a college, the additional knowledge will always add value to your business growth.
- Set Small Goals It would be easy for your resolution to be ‘make my business multi award winning by the end of 2016’, but thinking about the smaller objectives will inevitably make things easier and more manageable. All Business owners should set themselves and their team clear but achievable targets. Think about how you manage performance within the work environment, is it working and are the results clear to analyse?
- Invest In Your People You already know that your staff are at the forefront of your business, but are you giving them the correct amount of training and development? Being a good leader requires you to be attentive towards your staff. How about introducing regular meetings and staff training days, both of which will result in better communication and allow you to spot areas for improvement and focus on them directly. As you and your business grow and learn, so should the people who contribute to the business being a success.
Sovereign Business Transfer Wish You A prosperous 2016.